I was compiling Qt from source. And had loads of issues. This is what I learned after all.
1. Errors are chances to learn.
2. Never copy paste command / code blindly from somewhere on the Internet.
Even if it’s very trustworthy source. Copy paste process might produce errors to ruin your day :). Check the code for yourself. Especially beware of commands/codes looking ‘obvious’.
3. When you ask for help give the helper everything.
Not what YOU THINK is useful.
When you get troubles your sanity shakes a bit :).
4. It’s always helpful.. well.. to sleep.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/8090730.stm . They are right. Believe me.
5. Sometimes it makes sense to “start it all over again”.
Hunting errors one buy one might probably be a Goose chase.
6. It’s always good to have nice & helpful friends & community around :) .
7. You should never trust a machine.
8. You better have good Internet.