Update(07.04.09):Wordpress now has a Twitter widget.
Updated this post with new images & steps [17 Dec 2008].
First, Go to your Twitter page & retrieve your Twitter RSS address & copy-paste it on …err..a text file ;) .
In Your Twitter Home page at the bottom left corner there’s a button named RSS.
[If You use Firefox just right click on the RSS button & choose ‘copy Link location’.]
You can have a wide variety of feeds with Friendfeed.com. You can get twitter feed through friendfeed. And also mixup other social networks into one feed easily with Friendfeed. To get a Twitter feed through Friendfeed just replace ‘chanux‘ with your Friendfeed name in following URL. Make sure you’ve added Twitter on friendfeed.
http://friendfeed.com/chanux?service=twitter&format=atom [you can burn this feed]
Then find your Facebook ‘My Status’ RSS feed & copy it down too.
- Make sure you are logged in to Facebook & follow this link to your Facebook Minifeed page.
- And look for following feed link on minifeed page & save the link address.
You can get your Facebook Status FEED address there. Your Feed address would look similar to this. http://www.facebook.com/feeds/status.php?id=#########& viewer=#########&key=##########&format=rss20
Now the WordPress stuff.
- Now go to widgets page in your wordpress admin pages.
- Add an RSS widget.
- Choose to edit the widget.
- Paste the RSS address & choose a title for the widget. Select number of items to display from drop down box (5 is decent). click done.
- Do not forget to Save changes :)
You can add Twitter and/or Facebook feed address in your sidebar like this.