I don’t know but there are discussions out there. May be it’s because yahoo gave unlimited free space along with Yahoo Mail beta. Yes I tried it & loved it…
Wait I didn’t complete. I tried it & loved it until I have to look at my screen for ages until Yahoo Mail loads.
- I had problems with Yahoo Mail beta on Firefox & I never bothered to fix it, just left behind.
- Yahoo Mail beta has a nice interface. I’d love it if I still am a kid. It falls far shorter in the fight against Gmail’s simple interface.
- I never understood each & everything in Yahoo Mail interface. It was (& is) a labyrinth for me.
- I don’t have to mention that I hate animated ads (trying to jump out of the screen) which suck precious resources.
- Personally I believe that Yahoo Mail don’t have a spam filter. I get spam in my Gmail inbox once in a blue moon or thrice for maximum. However the ‘spam fans’ like my X girl friend will love this spam feature in Yahoo Mail.
- I laugh at Yahoo Mail’s unlimited space. However I consider it as a nice approach to store never ended spam threads in Yahoo Mail inbox. Even Gmail’s 2GB+ is a bit too much for me (for now).
- I don’t know about you, but I found Yahoo’s address book a pain in my neck.
- Yahoo Mail got folders & RSS inside. I don’t know what they mean inside a mail inbox.
- I don’t want Yahoo chat inside mail inbox. Meebo or Pidgin is enough. But can’t loose chat inside Gmail.
- I don’t use POP but it’s a huge plus for Gmail in the game.
- Search, Labels & Forwarding makes me love Gmail more & more.
- By the way I still keep a Yahoo mail account for IMs & to just type in any where asks me for an email address (to use as a headache-less junk box ;).